Honda Gold Wing motorcycles will take over Sevier County Fairgrounds on April 14-16 for the 2011 “Spring Fling” Tennessee Goldwing Road Riders Association Rally & Show. This year the event is hosted by the Wilderness at the Smokies Resort. In a weekend full of excitement, attendees will get the chance to attend seminars and discussion groups, participate in parades and win prizes, all the time spending time with other Gold Wing enthusiasts. This year the theme is Davy Crockett Days. Stop by and get to see some of the best looking motorcycles in East Tennessee.
The Tennessee Gold Wing Road Riders Association, the hosting organization, is the largest single-marquee social organization for owners and riders of Gold Wing motorcycles. This group will spend time getting to know each other better and learning about the interest that they share, the Honda Gold Wing. They will have seminars on everything from stress management to listening and communicating. They will also have the ability to visit vendors that have come in just for this conference. Products ranging from gear for their bikes to clothing will be available to the members throughout the weekend.
Goldwing Riders will compete for the Grand Prize of a Bushtec Performance Sport Trailer, as well as the Second Place Grand Prize of $1,000 and two Chapter Prizes of $250 each going to the largest Tennessee Chapter and the largest representing chapter from outside the state of Tennessee. Cash prizes will also be awarded to winners of this year’s talent show in the categories of comedy, serious, and the outside Tennessee combined category.
The weekend’s main events schedule is as follows:
Thursday, April 14th:
- Amateur Night & Campfire! 6-9pm – Join us at the Fair Grounds for some ole fashion country fun! Campfire Stew is from 6pm-7:30pm. Bring your lawn chairs, listen to the music, and dance in the field. You won’t want to miss the FUN of the Chapter Challenge from 7-9pm as Chapters vie for the title of “King of the Frontier!” Their frontier skills will be tested in a variety of ways! (See below for more information re competing in this FUN but Dirty event!)
- Bike Light Show at 9pm – (after Campfire and it’s dark) Classification to be held from 6:30-8pm. At the North Gate (Service Entrance). Bikes will circle the fairgrounds/vendor area.
Friday, April 15th:
- TN Couple of the Year 2011 Selection – Don’t miss this opportunity to come out and show your support for YOUR chapter Couple of the Year. Selection starts at 11am sharp and doors will be closed at 11am.
- Frontier Rodeo – Opening ceremonies will be held in the Exhibit Hall beginning at 6:30pm. Then join us at 8pm at the outdoor Arena for a professional RODEO! See the cowboys ride the bulls, watch the horses race for times, and enjoy the rodeo clowns! FREE to first 1,000 FULLY registered event participants.
Saturday, April 16th:
- ALL Best Dressed Competitions – No advance sign up required. Be at the Red Barn by 9:45am for sign in if you wish to compete. Categories include Best Dressed-Parade, Best Dressed-Show, Best Dressed-Riding, and Best Dressed-Theme. Both Individual and Group categories. See www.tngwrra.org for guidelines.
- Bike Show – Onsite at the Fair Grounds this year (weather permitting). Classification from 11am-12:30pm with Judging beginning at 1pm.
- Talent Show – Talent Show will be held at 3pm in the Red Barn. CASH PRIZES – OUT of STATE CATEGORIES!
- Farewell with Awards/Prizes – After a day filled with activities including field events, bike show (onsite at the fairgrounds), seminars galore, and more, join us as we say thank you to all of you for attending. Closing will be in the Exhibit Hall at 5pm. Chapter Awards, TN Member of the Year, Chapter Educator of the Year, and more to be presented as well as Grand Prizes!
~CHAPTER CHALLENGE – Will be held Thursday evening from 7-9pm in the outdoor Arena. Be sure you wear your ‘dirty’ clothes/shoes! Each team will consist of five (5) members. Chapters may have more than one team and teams may be all male, all female, or co-ed. Out of State teams welcome to join the fun! Come cheer on your favorite team(s).
Questions????? Call Julie at 865-774-7740 or email her at email@example.com