Come Fly the Scenic Skies
What is the best way to see the Smokies? Well, if you talk to the great people at Scenic Helicopter Tours, the best way to experience the Smokies is in one of their helicopters. Let one of their professional pilots take you above the crowds, the traffic and the bustle of the Smoky Mountains and see the sights from an entirely different point of view.
Scenic Helicopter has been around, flying over the Great Smoky Mountains National Park since 1972. They are one of the oldest and most respected helicopter tours in the area and they fly more flights over the National Park then anyone else. To fly over a national park, your flights have to be approved by both the FAA and the National Park Service. Scenic Helicopter Tours has more approved flights and they fly over more of the GSMNP then anyone else. They will fit their flight times and their flight patterns to fit your needs, to the point of working with you and your group to produce a customized tour that lets you see the sights you want to see and in the time frame that fits your vacation.
- Lake View Flight – 1,500 feet above the ground you get to take in views of beautiful Douglas Lake with Mt LeConte in the distance. You will also get to see the French Broad River and Douglas Dam.
- Bluff Mountain Flight – This tour takes you above historic downtown Sevierville as you wind your way toward Bluff Mountain. This is the best way to see the lowland Sevier County area.
- Mountain Valley Flight – This tour takes you away from civilization. You get to explore the undeveloped and the underdeveloped parts of the Tennessee side of the Smokies.
- National Park Flight – On your way to the GSMNP you get to pass over Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. This adventure gets you into & above the Smokies.
- The Scenic Special Tour – This tour focuses on the Great Smoky Mountains. You will see: Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Dollywood, Mount LeConte, Blanket Mountains, Goshen Ridge and Cove Mountain. You will not believe how miraculous the scenery is until you are soaring over it.
- The Grand Tour – This the grand tour of the National Park. You start through the three main cities on the Tennessee side of the mountains: Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. From Gatlinburg you will head toward Cades Cove. On the way, you will pass over the Sugarlands area, Elkmont, Blanket Mountain and Tremont. And if you like the 11 mile loop road around Cades Cove imagine the view from the air.
- Smoky Mountain Spectacular Tour – This is the end-all-be-all for all of you that love the Great Smoky Mountains. You will take in parts of the National Park that no one ever gets to see. The flight path for this tour takes you over Greenbrier to North Carolina. You will fly along the Appalachian Trail and over Clingman’s Dome. You also get to view picturesque Fontana Lake and then back to Cades Cove. A Once in a lifetime trip!
Scenic Helicopter Tours
1949 Winfield Dunn Parkway