When people say they’re going to Sevierville, especially locals, that usually means one thing – shopping. And around here, it’s good to be prepared for a Smoky Mountain shopping trip because the crowds, and the traffic, can be maddening for even the most experienced of retail warriors.
So, with that in mind, we here at Inside Sevierville have come up with a little checklist to make your Sevierville shopping experience that much more enjoyable and have you shopping like a pro. Now, lets get started.
- Bring a friend(s) with you. If you don’t have all day to shop, a friend, or more than one, can help you locate items faster, get you better deals on things like buy one get one , etc. Or, it can be another set of eyes to tell you whether or not those shoes or that shirt look good.
- Take in a few of shops you usually just pass by, like East Tennessee’s original outlet – Hammer’s. At Hammer’s, they’ve got department store quality clothing alongside bins of sample shoes. If you’re shopping for an upcoming vacation, stop by stores like TJ Maxx or Belk for national brand name clothing, home goods and beauty supplies.
- Many of the outlet malls and sometimes even the specialty stores will hold sales and shopping events, so timing can be key in finding great deals. This can save you a little more, but it can also mean you’ll have to deal with a larger crowd. If you prefer to shop when things aren’t so busy, mid-week is an ideal time to browse. Often there are fewer people in the stores, giving you more elbow room to find the best deals.
- Search for deals before you leave and stock up on coupons. Major outlets, like Sevierville’s Tanger Five Oaks Outlet Mall, offer online & mobile coupons (which are different and sometimes worth more) and weekly coupon specials through their Facebook page (www.facebook.com/tangeroutlet). Sign up in advance and save time while shopping.
- Prepare and print out a map. Spend a little prep time researching what is available. A complete list of Chamber member stores and a list of the 100+ high end outlets at Tanger Five Oaks are good places to start.