What is there to do in Sevierville? What isn’t there to do in Sevierville? Indoor water parks, helicopter rides, minor league baseball – those are just a few of the many things that bring people to Sevierville during the year. Stop and take a look for yourself next time before speeding off to Dollywood, Gatlinburg, or the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. You’d be surprised at the things you’ve missed.
Maybe it’s that you don’t quite know what to look for. Well, how about a Top 10 list? They’re always popular, so how about that? A Top 10 list of things to do/see in Sevierville, TN – Sevierville attractions.
A lot of people think Sevierville begins when you get off Interstate 40, that’s actually Kodak, TN. Kodak does tend to merge into Sevierville so we’ll include places listed in Kodak as well. So, lets get started.
Top 10 Sevierville, TN attractions:
- Wilderness at the Smokies – The Wilderness property not only features an indoor water park, it also contains the Sevierville Events Center and two 18-hole golf courses, all on 700 pristine acres.
- Five Oaks Tanger Outlet Mall – At Tanger Five Oaks, you can shop it you drop. The Sevierville outlet mall features stores from such national name brands as Nike, Nautica, Under Armour, Coach, Gap, J. Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Oakley, Starbucks, and much more. Chop House restaurant and Joe’s Crab Shack are also located on the Tanger property.
- Bass Pro Shop – Located just off Interstate 40 in Kodak, Bass Pro Shop has been equipping outdoorsmen and women for years. Find all your hunting, fishing, boating, and outdoor needs in one place at Bass Pro Shop in Kodak.
- Smoky Mountain Knife Works – With over 80,000 square feet in retail space, just think of the number of pocket knives you could fit in a building that large. If you can’t find a good knife here, you might be out of luck. Knife Works is also home to numerous celebrity and knife events throughout the year.
- Dolly Parton statue – A true attraction in all sense of the word, Sevierville’s Courthouse Square is home to a larger-than-life Dolly Parton statue. Parton, who was born in Sevier County, still participates in the yearly Dolly Parade and has been involved in numerous philanthropic initiatives in the area during her lifetime.
- Tennessee Smokies Baseball – Smokies Park, located just off Interstate 40 in Kodak, is home to the Double A Tennessee Smokies minor league baseball team. Come out and see tomorrow’s major league stars every summer at Smokies Park.
- Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum – Want to take a good look at some real Detroit muscle? Well stop by Floyd Garrett’s Muscle Car Museum and let him get your engine running. From classic Chevelles to GTOs and everything in between, if it’s American muscle they’ve got it in their showroom.
- Forbidden Caverns – If you want to get “into” the Smoky Mountains, literally, then Forbidden Caverns is for you. A great summer trip as it remains around 58 degrees in the caverns year round.
- NASCAR Speedpark – Take your kids, or just act like one for a day at Sevierville’s NASCAR Speedpark. From putt-putt to go-karts to arcade games, there is something fun around every corner here. They even recently installed a climbing wall and there is a small children’s area as well.
- Helicopter Tours – There are a number of businesses around town offering helicopter tours of Sevierville and the Great Smoky Mountains. You determine where you want to go and for how long. What can be better than seeing the Smokies aboard a helicopter?
2 thoughts on “Top 10 Sevierville, TN Attractions”
Wilderness at the Smokies is really cool. The indoor water park has a see-through roof, so it’s nice and sunny all year long.
I LOVE SEVIER COUNTY TN